If you are restoring an Outlook file to a new location or a new machine, you would need to import it inside Outlook for your emails to show. To do so:
- Select the Import and Export option under File in the top menu bar.
- Select the option, Personal Folders File (.pst) and click the Next button to open a dialog box.
- Select the desired PST file in the File to Import window, and click the Next button.
- Click the option to Import items into the same folder and select your current Personal File Folder (usually named “Outlook” or “Personal Folder”).
- Click the Next button to begin importing data, and wait for the process to be completed (this may take 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the PST file to be imported and the speed of your computer).
- Click the Finish button to close the Import/Export wizard.
- Confirm that the PST folder contents were added in your folder list (e.g., including subfolders).