For troubleshooting purposes, the Technical Support may ask for trace logs of the program. Please note that these logs do not contain any passwords or personal information.
If you are a user with assigned policy, then click here to know how to generate the logs.
To enable logs, please:
- Right-click the Safepots icon in the system tray (Taskbar), and select the Open Dashboard option.
- Click on Settings → Preferences → Select the Enable advanced logging for debugging option → Save.
- Right-click on the Safepots icon in the system tray (Taskbar), and select the Exit option.
- Start Safepots again. (Start menu → All Programs → Safepots → Safepots)
- Replicate the problem.
- Now, copy/paste the following URL into your Windows explorer address bar, and hit Enter:
- Copy the Logs folder from there to any known location (Such as the Desktop) → Compress the copied Logs folder to .zip and send it to the support.
- Refer to this location: C:\Program Files\Genie9\Safepots2 → Copy the Logs folder from there to another location → Compress the copied Logs folder to .zip and send it to the support.
- AppData and Application data are hidden folders in Windows.
- If you are interested viewing hidden files in MAC OS, here is what you need to do:
– From the Finder bar, click Go → Utilities → Double-click the Terminaloption → In the opened Terminal window, copy and paste the following line:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
– Press Return → Hold ‘alt’ on the keyboard and right-click on the Finder icon → Click on Relaunch.
- If you have an Anti-Virus installed, please try to exclude the following directory from being scanned, to avoid slow performance while the logs are being generated:C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\Genie9