The encryption password is the one that you set during the backup configuration process, and after that, you will not be able to change it, unless you start a new backup, by doing the following:
- Uninstall the Safepots desktop software.
- Sign into your Safepots Online account.
- Click the Download Safepots button in order to download the latest setup file of Safepots on your computer.
- Run the downloaded setup file in order to install Safepots again on your computer.
- Once installed, Safepots will ask you to enter your account’s credentials. Please do.
Important! If you are a Home subscriber of Safepots, you will receive a notification that you are not allowed to add this machine. You need to archive or delete the previous backup to be able to activate a new one.
- Configure a new backup in which you can enter the new encryption password or not at all.
This will restart your backup, and you will have to upload your files again.