Safepots backs up to Amazon S3 servers and does not limit or cap uploading speed unless the user chooses to throttle the bandwidth taken by Safepots.
You can enable the bandwidth throttling and schedule it (if needed) as the following:
Method 1: Using Safepots Desktop software
- Right-click the Safepots agent (icon) in the system tray → Open Dashboard.
- Click on Settings.
- From the left panel, select the Resource optimization.
- Check the box beside Enable Bandwidth Throttling.
- Set the throttling options that you want Safepots to follow.
- Click the Save icon.
Method 2: From Safepots Website
This method applies when you are using a policy to control the backup.
- Sign into your Safepots online account.
- Refer to the Policies tab.
- Click on the Edit button next to the policy name you wish to edit or create a new policy.
- Under the Settings tab, and from under the Bandwidth Throttling section, check the box beside Enable Bandwidth Throttling, and set the throttling options that you want Safepots to follow
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.
- Assign the policy to the wanted user.
Method 2 above is only available in the Business edition of Safepots.