By default, Safepots supports backing up PST files while they are open. To add more file extensions to the list of the files you wish Safepots to back them up even if they are open, please apply the following:
Method 1: From the Safepots Software
- Right-click on the Safepots Archive agent (Icon) in the system tray (Taskbar), and select the Open Dashboard option.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Refer to the Advanced Settings.
- In the input box of the VSS Extensions, type the extensions of the files you wish Safepots to back them up even if they are open.
Method 2: Using a Policy
- Sign into your Safepots online account.
- Refer to the Policies tab.
- Select to edit an existing policy, or go ahead and create a new one.
- From under the Extensions tab, and in the Add VSS extensions box, type the extensions of the files you wish Safepots to back them up even if they are open.
- Click the Save button.
Method 2 above is only available in the Business edition of Safepots.